Friday, November 15, 2013

My Three Horses at Fort Valley




October 26, 2013 was a special day among my hundreds of endurance memories. All three of my chestnut horses finished the scenic but tough Fort Valley ride! Hunter Green rode Siena beautifully, taking the place of his brother Forest, who wanted to go bow hunting instead and eventually did shoot a great big buck.





My old friend Dawn Engle Hilliard borrowed 21-year-old Shiloh so she could accompany her husband Dean as he and his horse did a slow and easy limited distance ride to earn their Triple Crown. Shiloh looks gorgeous in this photo! And now he's fit enough to come back to Virginia for a season of foxhunting.
And my little rescue horse Gryphon proudly led Siena and my friend Liz' mare Q all day long on the 50 mile trail, with Janet French on her Paso accompanying us up until the last loop when she slowed up a bit. I truly savored every mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment